The following are brief notes from Friday’s Sunrise Toastmasters meeting 10-17-2014.
- 11 members in attendance.
- Toastmaster Phil Stringer presented on a theme regarding the word salient. Impressively, it was utilized by 4 speakers.
- Congrats to Divya for completing her icebreaker speech! In a speech entitled “White Chocolate”, Divya creatively used an extended analogy, comparing herself to a white chocolate lindor truffle.
- Steve presented an informative speech regarding the history of the NC lottery, and the politics surrounding how the money has been allocated over time.
- Dave led an engaging table topics session centered around our memories of the Fall season.
- Thanks to those members who evaluated the meeting (Angela, Brett, Alvin, Robert). Robert even counted 2 “um’s” on himself as he was delivering the grammarian report J.
Next Week’s agenda is below for 10-24-2014. Please contact Alvin to confirm your role.
Toastmaster – Alvin
Speaker – Ying
Speaker – Robert
Table Topics – Steve
General Eval – Phil
Eval 1 – Joe
Eval 2 – Mike
Grammarian – Angela
Thanks to all for a great meeting.